A week from hell (with some sides of good)

In summary, within the last week I have cut open my thumb, burnt my hand, cut open my leg, and almost passed out mid-meeting.

Last week I was meal prepping and cut my thumb pretty badly because the knife slipped while I was attempting to core the bell peppers. So, one handed I finished prepping then went to cook dinner: stuffed poblano peppers. I rarely ever put pans in the oven, so once it was out on the counter I totally forgot it just emerged from 12 minutes in 425 degrees and… I grabbed the handle. It was awful. My hand felt like it was on fire for hours, looked like it was going to blister, so at 1am I popped over to urgent care to find some kind of remedy.

A few days later, I went to move the dog play pen and ended up cutting open my leg when I swung my leg over. It’s very sore and any kind of pressure is unpleasant.

Then yesterday happened. I felt great at the start of the day – nice workout, my coffee was finally good (this is rare at my office), and I had some oatmeal. Work was going really well and I just felt confident. I had a meeting at 12:15 and right before it I just started feeling off. I was so cold and it felt like I couldn’t warm up even though I was wrapped in a sweater. I went into my meeting and just kept thinking I would power through the meeting then see about going home if I didn’t feel any better.

Well, my body had a different idea. During the meeting everything got really fuzzy and it felt like I was about to pass out. I had no idea what to do. So I stood up and headed to the bathroom only to get an alert from my Apple Watch that my heart rate had suddenly spiked to 180. I was really scared. I went back and told my boss what was happening, called Lenny to come pick me up, and immediately went to urgent care. Doctor basically said they can’t determine what had happened, but my heart rate and blood pressure were higher than normal and my EKG was normal, too.

So I stayed home from work today. Something I haven’t done in a long time. I have no idea what caused yesterday to happen, but it really scared me and I’m still pretty freaked out.

Aside from all that, there’s been some positive changes as well.

First off… we got a new puppy! His name is Rollo and he’s about 9 weeks old now.


He’s kind of a monster, so it’s pretty hard to get a good photo of him. But he’s my favorite one so far of him with his big sister, Snickers!


Second, I went blonde which has been really fun.


Third, I closed my first deal at work – I’m only 6 weeks in and I guess the “norm” is for that to happen around 12 weeks! It was really exciting and I can’t wait to see what else happens with my job. I’ve been really happy in my new position and I really, really enjoy what I do. My boss even got me something to celebrate with!


Not really sure what the next couple weeks are going to look like. I’m really hoping I turn out okay. We shall see. I do know I have missed reading & writing and I’ve been trying to spend less time on social media and more on just investing in myself whether it’s reading a chapter instead of mindless scrolling, taking a hot bath, or watching a ton of Netflix. I feel a lot better.

I’m also really thankful to have Lenny – he has been so helpful this week and I don’t know how I could have handled all this alone.


Here’s to better weeks.



One thought on “A week from hell (with some sides of good)

  1. Anonymous says:

    Glad things are looking up. You have to take care of yourself. Cute puppy but a lot of work. Snickers has gotten big and so pretty. Love to Lenny and we love you. Grandma and Grandpa

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s